About Me

Saturday, July 23, 2011

7 years and hundreds of miles apart....

Hello followers! I know I know, it has been too many days since you've seen anything from me! After a surprisingly busy week I'm finally finding the time to recap on my last *blast from the past* extremely fun weekend!

Last weekend I had the chance to meet up with two of my best friends from high school. While my best friend Emily still lives in my hometown, we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like too. Pathetic since we only live less than 2 hours away from one another. My other bestie from HS, Stephanie is now living in LA so we seriously don't get to see each other.

                (80's prom our soph. year of college)

*S*was in town visiting her sister so we all made plans to meet up and have an old fashion sleep over! I had not seen *E* in probably a month or two and had not seen *S* since our wedding, a year ago! Days before I left for Midland I was excited! And I mean as excited as you are as a child waiting for Santa to come, waiting in anticipation as you did when you knew your birthday party was coming up and that's all you could talk about, counting down the days until school was out for summer vacation excited! You get it people, I was excited!



So was it everything I hoped it would be?!?! YOU BETCHA! While I love love love weekends with the pro and of course my buddy bent...it was really nice to have a girls weekend! I didn't have to worry about doing laundry, cleaning the house, throwing the ball to bent for hours, I got to enjoy catching up with two of my best friends! I also got to spend some time with my parents, which was nice too!

Friday night we stayed up really late just talking, laughing, and best of all (oh ya, wait for it) watching our senior dance video. We're cool, we know! We had the best time re-living old memories.

I can't believe it has been seven years since we graduated high school. It honestly seems like just yesterday that we were all together! While we all spent about a year together in college, after graduating we all went our separate ways. *S* moved to LA to attend grad school at UCLA, where she is studying costume design. (Yeah, she's awesome!) *E* moved back to our hometown, finished school and just recently got a really awesome promotion and is now a Community Director for an apartment community. Oh ya, she rocks!

I just love the fact that we can go weeks, sometimes months or even longer without talking or seeing each other but once we finally do it's as if nothing has even changed. I'm one lucky girl to have such wonderful and fun friends!

Such a great weekend! And to top it all off, when I got home Sunday night I walked into a sparkling clean house, all the laundry done and one happy puppy waiting for me at the door. So thankful for my girls weekend and such a helpful and considerate husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment