About Me

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ketchup or is it Catsup?

So one thing you will quickly learn here at The Princess and the Pro is that we buy more ketchup than anyone I have ever met. The reason?  Simple....The Pro. He eats it on pretty much anything and everything. While he would kindly disagree, it is true. He eats it on some random things if you ask me.

When coming up with the idea of this blog post (yes there is a reason why I'm talking about the tasty condiment) I decided to google the word ketchup. When doing so, you also see it referred as 'catsup.' Why? Well, I'm still not too sure other than certain dialects use this spelling. Anyways...the official use of ketchup is to be used with: french fries, hamburgers, sandwiches, grilled and fried meats.

Does the pro follow the official uses of ketchup in his diet? Let's find out.....

French Fries - check, check and double check
Hamburgers- Well of course
Sandwiches- Um, actually I think this one is a no
Grilled meats- Maybe some
Fried Meats- Depends

Oh, let's just go ahead and add a few more to the list:

Eggs- Check (Some think this is odd, but I personally like this too)
Fajitas- Check
Breakfast burritos- Check
Soft Tacos- Check
Hot Dogs- That's a given
Tater Tots- Psh
Roast Beef- Oh Ya

Ok, you get the picture! The man LOVES his ketchup! As you can probably imagine, we go through a lot of it in our house. I generally buy the largest bottle Wal-Mart will carry.....until now! Yes, maybe I am the last to notice this but I am SUPER excited to share that I found a double pack! 2, three pound bottles! That's six pounds people! Yikes, that sounds like WAY too much, but in our house as often as it is used, this value pack is perfect! Now it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

So I'm sure you're wondering why a post about such a random subject? Well, it was inspired by a recent newspaper add my mom sent with our anniversary cards. I'm pretty sure the card was addressed only to Nate with a message that read, "Do you eat ketchup like this kid?"



To answer your question mom, NO. Out of all the things you could put ketchup on, a waffle is not one of them.

Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment