About Me

Friday, July 29, 2011

Weekend Project

This past weekend my mom was in town to help my sister out with a few things around her apartment, pretty sure she ended up helping me a bit more than anticipated.

Isn't that what moms are for?!

When I was a sophomore in college my mom helped me make a headboard for my bed, after about 5 years you can imagine it definitely needed to be refreshed. We have it in our guest room, along side a bedspread that absolutely does NOT match. However, if you are a homeowner, and newly married you quickly prioritize what needs to be done and what can probably wait. The headboard was certainly classified under the 'probably can wait' category for sure.

For some reason while my mom was in town (and let me me add this conversation took place as I'm sure she was getting ready to leave for home) I started to ask her advice on decorating our guest room. Well one thing lead to another and next thing we know we're at the fabric store shopping for material. Less than $60 and about 4 hours later our project was complete. While I'm still not 100% done with the room, it is certainly a step in the right direction.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment