About Me

Monday, September 5, 2011

Crockpot Apple Crisp

If you're household is anything like ours, one of you likes to cook sweets and the other REALLY likes to eat sweets. Unfortunatly here, I fall under both of those categories. The Pro likes sweets, but one is enough and he's done. Me on the other hand, well I could probably eat the entire dish and once I have I realized....yes, I've just finished it all, basically on my own. Of course I don't know how to make anything in small portions...oh no, always WAY more than is needed. We are a family of two, and I make sweets like we have a family of ten! (Seems like it anyways)

Tonight I tried a new receipe that I knew even the Pro couldn't resist. Crossing my fingers he'll actually come back for seconds!

I found this receipe in a cool 'Crockpot' cookbook that we were given. Now who doesn't love cooking anything in a crockpot? Other than the cleanup, it's super easy with no fuss!

Trust me, you have got to try this receipe! Enjoy!

-2 Cans of Apple Pie filling (or any other flavor you like..I like blueberry & cherry would be really  good together)
-2 1/2 Cups of any granola cereal
-1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
-1/3 cup sugar
-1/3 cup melted butter








All you do is place the pie filling at the bottom of your crockpot, pour cereal on top, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar and drizzle with butter. Cook on low for 3 hours and there you go! Spoon into a bowl and top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!

Next time I make this I'll probably add more pie filling and less granola just to make it taste more like a crunchy fruit-filled cobbler, but for my first try it was pretty good.

I may or may not have already gone back for seconds!




No comments:

Post a Comment