About Me

Monday, September 19, 2011

Conversations with a Pro

I've decided to start my own new weekly series, to be called....(drum roll please) 'Conversations with a Pro.'

If you are related to, close friends or have been around the Pro, you have learned that he LOVES to be funny (I tend to think he 'tries' although he would disagree), at times he can be extremely animated, is very much a smart-aleck, has a fabulous memory--which to the rest of us means you don't stand a chance in disagreeing with him on anything that may or may not have happened because he will not back down, an extremely talented writer, could talk about sports all day... literally, an analyzer if there ever was one and very witty.

With that said, you can only imagine that we have some interesting conversations from time to time. I'm sure you know someone that makes you want to remember the funny thing they said or did? Or even wonder what lead to the previous conversation. Well I have several, one of which I live with. This makes life very entertaining to say the least!

Here it is friends, the debut of 'Conversations with a Pro!'

Setting: On our way to Ruidioso, the Pro-Driving, me-looking through my Rachael Ray magazine. The topic of conversation...well who knows what lead to it, but the fact that I'd like to cook more but he thinks too many things are 'gross'! (Side note--is there such thing as a picky eaters' support group? I'm totally googling that!)

The Pro: Don't act like you 'like' everything

Me: Babe! I think most things are good. You're the one that's not very adventurous.

The Pro: Yes, (1 second pause with hesitation) within my own realm.

Me: (Thinking to myself... 'Within your own realm?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????????)

Me: Oh what? You'll take ketchup with that or not?

The Pro: (Silence)

Me: (Waiting for a response)

The Pro: Low blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment